Friday, December 7, 2012

navigating the smallest room

Now I'm the sort of person who takes photos of food rather than toilets, but Seoul had some very interesting toilets, and I'm not talking about the crouchers - they might still be around somewhere in Korea but not where we visited!

Take this one

It's cute and very small, and quite jaunty with its yellow lid.  Just just fine for my ladylike bottom, but I couldn't help but wonder - were these in the men's loo as well?

And then there is this one:

I mean, look at it - it looks like a flight deck!  What on earth are all these functions?  How on earth do you negotiate them?  What happens if you hit the wrong button or combination of buttons? 

After spending some time in consternation, and in worry about whether my absence from the party would have been noticed by now, I saw that there was a flusher on the outside of the tank just like on a regular toilet.  Which makes me wonder even more - why all the complicated buttons?  Does it make you a cup of tea?  Or read to you????

No comments:

Post a Comment